Thursday 28 August 2014

No time to be sick when you're a mum

I have fought a hard fight....and thought I had won the battle but unfortunately I lost a war and now I'm home sick...its like the universe forcing me to take a break....however I can't understand this 'take a break' concept...I'm sitting here trying to relax as my little one is with his father and all I can think is...I should vacuum...do the washing...go to the bank...get the groceries  all those things that are hard to do with a little one wanting to do something else...and right now I cant even work out where to buy a coffee from...which is the only medicine I need right about now...
However when you look at it you need to take a break to be the best mum you can be as you can't function at 40% when the kids are home. So all those mums out there who are like me and running around on their sick day getting jobs done...pour yourself a coffee, grab a blanket sit on the couch and watch your favourite movie, or read a book, and if you feel yourself falling asleep them why not?!! Now to take my own advice...

No comments:

Post a Comment